Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I think I need to stop working in customer service. Absolutely everyone was on my nerves today.

There was the lady who for some reason thought I needed to know that she is on a pill that "dries her out".

There was the lady who keeps coming in and buying counter checks. We charge $1.00 to print 4 checks on the spot, they look almost identical to the checks that you can order. I asked her today if she didn't want me to go ahead and order her a box and she said that she couldn't afford it, but she's bought at least $20 in counter checks in the last month (a total of 80 checks) and a box of plain checks is only $13.50 for 150 checks.

There was the man who walked up and said "I have a huge problem, who do I need to talk to." I was thinking, "I don't know, God maybe". But I said, "what is it that you need assistance with" like a good little customer service rep.

And then there was the lady whose kid would not stop screaming while she was filling out some paperwork. Normally when a kid is screaming, I'm just thankful it's not mine. Today I had an overwhelming urge to stuff the little brat in the vault. However, I resisted.

I think I need to find myself a nice quiet job with very little human contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home