I'm officially in the third trimester! Now do I get to have a panic attack about all the stuff I have left to do?
My next doctor appointment is tomorrow and I'm going to be a difficult patient. I'm going to refuse the Rhogam shot. And this is the reason:
If the father is Rh negative, there will not be a problem because the baby
will have no chance of inheriting Rh-positive blood.
That's under the "How is it diagnosed?" section for anyone that didn't get that far. Which I would assume is everyone, because it's really some boring crap unless you have to worry about it. The reason my OB still wants me to get the shot is to basically cover his own ass. One of the nurses actually told me they give the shot to all Rh negative women in case the mother is "mistaken" about whom the father is. I am not getting a shot that I do not need because there are some women that can't figure out who fathered their child.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home