It’s a Christmas Meme!
(Which I stole from Robyn)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, most definitely.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them around the tree? I think Santa is going to just sit the presents around the tree. Which I personally feel is a bit strange, but I don't wrap the presents and that's the way Nick's family always did it.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The only thing that is up this year are the cards that we received. Usually, we're doing good if we have the tree up maybe a week before Christmas. It absolutely cannot go up before Dec 2nd, since Dec 1st is my birthday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't really have one.
7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm way too practical for my own good. I figured it out the first year my dad wasn't laid off at Christmas time and we got a seriously huge amount of presents that year, compared to just one or two gifts before that. I think I was 6. I know that I got in trouble in first grade for telling other kids that there wasn't a Santa.
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was growing up, we opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve (again showing the flaws in the whole Santa thing). Nick's family does Christmas Eve with extended family, but Santa gifts and immediate family are Christmas day.
9. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Santa doesn't get cookies at our house. Maybe when the kids are older and ask to leave him some cookies.
10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love a little snow on Christmas, maybe a couple of inches.
11. Can you ice skate? That's debatable. I have ice skated, but I'm pretty sure I broke my foot the last time I went. I never actually got it checked out though. Obviously, I can't skate well.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was a kid, it was the Christmas I got a 10-speed bike. As an adult, it was finding out just a few days before Christmas that I was pregnant with Cole.
13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Now that I have kids, it's being sure that they have holiday traditions and enjoy the holidays. Before, I could completely do without the holidays at all.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My grandma's fudge.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'm not sure yet. We're still trying to work out our holiday traditions.
16. What tops your tree? I don't think we've got a tree topper. Maybe we do. I don't know, we didn't get any of that stuff out this year.
17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Eh. I guess giving. I find both extremely stressful.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night
19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yuck.
20. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween! No family get togethers, no hassle. Just fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home